Rolling cigars is an art. It can be an interesting challenge even if you don’t smoke cigars. Below are a few steps that illustrate one method for rolling a cigar. You can roll a cigar from shredded tobacco or whole leaves.
1. Prepare your filler by either shredding the tobacco or squeezing whole leaves down in your hand to remove excess folds.
2. The next step is to prepare your binder leaf. Try to keep it moist to prevent cracking. Remove the center vein of the leaf with scissors. If one leaf is not large enough, use two leaves.
3. Now you need to prepare the wrapper leaves. Keep them moist as well.
4. Prepare some glue that will be used on the binder and wrapper. Mix together 1/4tsp of flour with 2 or 3 tbsp. of water. Stir the mix and put it in the microwave for 15 sec. The final paste should be very thin.
5. Roll up the shredded tobacco or the gathered whole leaves in the binder. Apply some glue to the edge of the binder. Trim off all excess filler that is hanging off the end of the roll.
6. Wrap this up with the wrapper leaves. Make sure that the wrapper leaves have the veins facing inward to give the cigar the smoothest appearance possible.
7. Let the cigar dry by keeping it in a cool and dry place.
Now enjoy your hand rolled cigar!